200 HOUR MEDITATION TEACHER TRAINING
SEPT - DEC 2018
We are excited to announce THREE JEWELS second Meditation Teacher Training this fall! Led by THREE JEWELS president and senior teacher, Hector Marcel, and guest speakers that have completed over 3 years of silent meditation retreat! This training will provide deep instruction on meditation, a basis on cultivating bodhichitta (ultimate compassion) and a thorough understanding of the Lam Rim, or Steps on the Path to Enlightenment in the tradition of His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Practitioners will acquire new tools, sharpen them with precise skill, and re-enter the world as an embodiment of the bodhisattva ideal of love, wisdom and service. The premise of this training is that to teach, to share knowledge, is the very foundation of creating a practice for oneself and that going inward and going outward to serve inform one another inextricably.
- In- depth study of meditation and its practical uses
- Deepening your daily personal practice
- A complete overview of enlightenment through meditation
- Learning correct postures and the preliminaries of meditation
- Intensive study of all 9 stages of meditation
- Cultivation of compassion and its importance in meditation
- In depth study of Shamatha and Vipashyana (Quietude and Insight)
- Receive instruction on core texts of Mahayana Buddhist philosophy
- Understand neurophysiological applications of meditation
- Knowing why yoga and meditation unify
- The importance of ethics and conduct as the teacher role
- Learning signature THREE JEWELS meditations
- Developing and delivering instructions for different audiences (privates, studios, corporations, schools, shelters, and more)
- In-class teaching with mentor feedback
- Utilizing service and outreach as opportunities for spiritual growth
- Observation and notation of THREE JEWELS classes
- Assigned readings and homeworks
- Final examination and presentation
Teachers will be credentialed for participation in special projects through Three Jewels including in-house teaching, community initiatives and international service. Beyond Three Jewels classes, our meditation teachers currently teach at corporate workplaces, shelters, schools and more. We do not guarantee employment upon graduating, but you will be more than ready to begin teaching and building your personal brand regardless.
Practice requirements, community involvement and home study will link the weekends together, giving students the opportunity to apply lessons to real life throughout the training. Students will be required to complete written homework and required reading of ancient and modern texts through the training. It is expected that students will maintain a regular meditation practice and a daily meditation journal.
- Complete Application by Aug 15, 2018
- Take at least 3 classes at THREE JEWELS prior to applying
- Interview with Hector Marcel after applying
- Have a daily personal meditation practice
- Complete full attendance in the training (there are no make up classes, but everything will be recorded)
- Complete all readings, homeworks, final exam and presentation
200 HOURS | 10 WEEKENDS
SEPT 28 to DEC 9, 2018
(every weekend except Thanksgiving weekend: Nov 23 - 25)
Fridays | 6 - 9PM
Saturdays & Sundays | 9AM - 5:30PM
Hector Marcel is the President of the Three Jewels. He has served as Senior Teacher for the Asian Classics Institute teaching buddhist philosophy for the past 6 years. At Three Jewels, Hector teaches a series of sutra courses that cover the breadth of a 25 year monastic education for monks and nuns completing a "Geshe" degree, and travels internationally to transmit these teachings. Hector is also social entrepreneur, public speaker and organizational change management specialist. After 15 years of experience leading successful cultural transformations in the public and private sectors in Australia, Hector now consults in New York City to a variety of international clients, integrating eastern philosophy into corporate culture. Hector is the Senior VP of Learning and Change for John Foley Inc., delivering workshops and keynotes on High Performance designed to achieve excellence in teams and inspire individuals. He is also the founder and Director of the 108 Lives Project: a micro non-profit that cares for under-privileged communities in Nepal.
(GUEST TEACHERS TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!)
$3000 (paid in full by Sept 28)
Early Bird: $2650 (paid in full by Aug 15)
Members: $200 off
Application Deposit: $250
A $250 deposit is required when applying. If you are accepted into the training, this deposit will be applied towards your tuition. The deposit will be returned if you are not accepted. If you are accepted and do not attend, the deposit is non-refundable. Tuition is also non-refundable.